Q. I can't get hold of full text for an article I need for teaching. Is it OK to ask a colleague at another institution to send me a copy?


University staff have legal access to content to which their own institution subscribes. This does not include the right to further distribute such content.

If you want an item that we don't currently provide access to, please request it via our Inter Library Loan service, which is now free. 

An alternative would be to use an Open Access resource, which does not have the same restrictions on re-use.

The Directory of Open Access Journals, and Directory of Open Access Repositories contain many useful resources for both teaching and research.

You can also join the Wellcome Institute in London free of charge, and gain access to all of their online materials, which include the publications of the Nature Publishing Group. 


  • Last Updated Feb 03, 2016
  • Views 130
  • Answered By Rebecca Mackle

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0