Answered By: Elaine Pocklington Last Updated: Sep 18, 2020 Views: 417
To borrow books, CDs or DVDs, you need your ARU ID card.
1. Take the item(s) to the self service machine for borrowing in Cambridge or Chelmsford or select borrow on the self-service machine at Peterborough, and put them on the shelf in the machine.
2. Tap your card on the Contactless Borrower Cards sticker below the screen so the machine can read the chip to get your details.
3. It will then scan the books, CDs or DVDs and list whether it could lend them to you or not. Select finish when all items are listed.
4. It will ask you if you are finished whilst listing the number of items it has issued for you so you can check it found them all. Confirm yes to get to next screen.
5. You will be sent a receipt by email of the items you have borrowed and their due date.
6. When you leave the library you will need to unlock the DVD/CD case to be able to access the discs. There are machines to do this at each site mounted on the wall near the library's exit. Slide your DVD/CD case through the machine until the little padlock on the case shows a green open padlock instead of a red closed padlock.