Answered By: Rebecca Mackle
Last Updated: Feb 03, 2016     Views: 45

The University has a licence from the Copyright Licensing Agency that allows staff and students to copy materials purchased by the institution (e.g. journal articles), for the purpose of private, non-commercial study, or for purposes of instruction.

However, there are some materials that are not covered by the licence. A full list of the excluded works and categories can be found on this page.

Unlike general contractual terms, the provisions of the CLA licence continue to take precedence over the terms of the updated (June 2014) copyright laws.

You may also be able to copy materials under 'fair dealing' provision.